Chelsea is a vibrant neighborhood in New York City, on the West Side of Midtown Manhattan. This area is known for its great people, diverse neighborhoods, and is full of rich history and culture. Over the years it’s been a well-known haven for artists, musicians, sculptors, and other creative types. If you’re someone looking for rooms for rent in Chelsea, then this guide can help you learn more about the parks, restaurants, transport, and the average rent in Chelsea NYC!
Related: Find Rooms For Rent In New York City
Where is Chelsea NYC?
Chelsea is a neighborhood in the New York City borough of Manhattan. It’s bounded on the west by the Hudson Yards and on the east by Union Square. One of the most lively neighborhoods in all of NYC, it’s home to some of the most famous attractions like the High Line, The Chelsea Market, and various art galleries. There are also many shops and restaurants in Chelsea where you can indulge in a shopping spree and a bite to eat after you’ve found the perfect room for rent in Chelsea.
Finding Rooms For Rent in Chelsea NYC
Chelsea isn’t only known for its eclectic shops and restaurants. It is also a very diverse neighborhood that has attracted a lot of young people over the years. In fact, it’s known as one of the top “hippest” places to live in Manhattan. Also, if you’re looking for a place to live with all the fun and hustle-bustle of the city then you should trust us on this and look for rooms for rent in Chelsea NYC!
Related: Living in NYC: Affordable Neighborhoods In Manhattan
Average Rent in Chelsea NYC
Chelsea is a small, quaint neighborhood in Manhattan with a lot of history. This New York City district is home to numerous art galleries and museums, as well as some of the city’s most expensive real estate! So it goes without saying that the average rent in Chelsea NYC is higher than other neighborhoods in New York. However, we can help you find a cheaper solution and find the perfect room for rent in Chelsea NYC for you!
|Rooms for rent in Chelsea NYC||Average Rent|
|1 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Chelsea||$2,803|
|2 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Chelsea||$3,620|
|3 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Chelsea||$4,839|
Is Chelsea NYC safe?
Chelsea NYC is a safe neighborhood with friendly citizens and low crime rates. However, while looking for rooms for rent in Chelsea NYC you can keep this app and these numbers in mind to help you find your perfect place.
- AroundMe: The AroundMe app was developed to allow users to easily find nearby banks, hotels, gas stations, and restaurants in Chelsea. By simply typing in your current location or selecting one on the map, users are given a list of nearby businesses sorted according to category and distance from their current location.
- AreaVibes: Before checking the average rent in Chelsea NYC there are a few things like liveability and access to amenities that you should check out first. AreaVibes is an app that allows you to quickly assess the liveability of any given zip code. The service provides information about nearby amenities and their quality, as well as crime statistics, housing costs, schools and education ratings, employment data, transportation options and weather.
- NeighborhoodScout: NeighborhoodScout is an app that allows you to search for any address in your area and find out how safe it is. Make sure you use this tool before looking for rooms for rent in Chelsea NYC.
- Hotline Numbers: You count on 911 and 311 at times of emergencies. You can contact 911 for serious emergencies like a fire, crime in progress or life-threatening situations. For non-emergencies like reporting graffiti or road damage, you can contact 311.
Related: The 6 Critical Steps of a Fire Safety Plan
Public Transit in Lower East Side
If you’re looking for rooms for rent in Chelsea NYC, then you’ll be happy to know that this neighborhood is a walker’s paradise with a score of 98 out of 100. Chelsea NYC is the 23rd most walkable neighborhood in New York and you definitely won’t require a car to run your daily errands!
Roads & Traffic
In a city like New York, it can feel like everyone is constantly on the move! Chelsea definitely has its fair share of New York City traffic, but you can beat the traffic by walking everywhere and only catching rideshare when you really need to.
Nearby Train Stations
It’s important to check the nearby train stations before looking for rooms for rent in Chelsea NYC. The nearest train station to Chelsea NYC is 23rd Street Station. Other stations in the area are 14 St / 8 Av, Pennsylvania Station, and 14th Street.
Nearby Bus Stops
Buses are an affordable and environmentally friendly way to travel around Chelsea. All the buses run on a schedule so you can easily plan your trips and make sure you get to where you’re going on time. Click the link below to check the bus stops near you.
Restaurants in Chelsea NYC
With a variety of cuisines, there are amazing restaurants in Chelsea to choose from and when it comes to fine dining, there’s nothing quite like the restaurants in Chelsea. With so many options, it can be hard to choose where to go! But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with our list below.
Related: 5 Manhattan Restaurants and 5 Delivery Apps to Try
Nestled among midtown skyscrapers, the Westville Chelsea Restaurant combines an upscale environment with down-to-earth prices for an enjoyable meal that everyone can enjoy. It also serves up a selection of delicious American dishes for lunch and dinner seven days a week!
Cookshop is a modern American grill that offers an exciting dining experience with fantastic food, great cocktails, and a lively atmosphere that makes you feel like you’re at your best friend’s dinner party. It is one of the best restaurants in Chelsea to hang out with your friends and get some drinks!
Located in the heart of New York’s Chelsea neighborhood, Shukette is a restaurant that focuses on Israeli and Middle Eastern cuisine. The restaurant provides an authentic taste of Israel and their menu includes traditional dishes such as hummus, falafel, tabbouleh, and eggplant salads. In fact, Shukette is one of the must-try restaurants in Chelsea that never disappoints!
Parks in Chelsea NYC
- Hudson River Park: After a long day of looking for rooms to rent in Chelsea, you’ll be ready to soak up the sun and enjoy the view at this park. For times when you’re feeling more energetic you can do some fishing, use the skate rink, go for a run or play some basketball!
- The High Line: A 30-foot long beautiful park which is above street level is not only a tremendous spot for a date but is also a famous tourist place for Chelsea. It’s a great place for walks and scenery watching with some food and company!
- Chelsea Park: This park has everything you need to enjoy the outdoors! It has areas for various sports like basketball, handball, roller skating, and track for running, and there are lots of places to sit and relax while you enjoy a picnic. There’s even a great playground for kids!
Museums near Chelsea NYC
ARTECHOUSE is a museum in Chelsea NYC that combines art and technology. The museum has a wide variety of interactive exhibits and is a great place to take your date before you go to one of the many restaurants in Chelsea for dinner!
Related: 5 Manhattan Restaurants and 5 Delivery Apps to Try
Rubin Museum of Art
The Rubin Museum of Art is a place where visitors can explore the wonders of Asia and the Pacific through art. As New York’s only museum dedicated exclusively to presenting the cultures, arts, and philosophies of Asia in their historical contexts, the Rubin Museum creates new encounters with Asian art and culture for its diverse audiences.
Museum of Illusion
If you’re looking for a unique date spot or just want to give your brain a workout, check out the Museum of Illusions. You can learn about different types of optical illusions, why they occur, and what makes them work. Moreover, there are also lots of interactive exhibits that you can play around with while learning and we guarantee you’ll have a blast!