East Williamsburg is the epicenter of Brooklyn’s creative scene. Life as a resident of East Williamsburg is never dull. From the exciting clubs to the charming restaurants, each place has its own personality. Most new residents looking for rooms for rent in East Williamsburg are eager to experience all that Brooklyn has to offer! Our handy neighborhood guide is designed to tell you all about the neighborhood, the restaurants, parks, and average rent in East Williamsburg.
Related: Find Rooms for Rent in Brooklyn, NY
Where is East Williamsburg?
East Williamsburg is a neighborhood in Brooklyn, NY. It borders Greenpoint to the north and Bushwick to the south. The neighborhood is served by two subway lines, which means you can easily get to Midtown for meetings or to Manhattan for lunch or dinner. When you’re not on the clock, this hipster-friendly community offers plenty in the way of entertainment options.
Find Rooms For Rent in East Williamsburg?
The neighborhood is a major hub for fashion, art, music, and food. It offers a fabulous combination of urban living and artistic inspiration, with warehouse lofts interspersed with classic brownstones, trendy restaurants, and boutique shops that sell the work of local artists. If you want to live in a neighborhood that is artsy and hipster, then you should start looking for rooms for rent in East Williamsburg!
Average Rent in East Williamsburg
Lots of people are looking for rooms for rent in East Williamsburg at the moment, making it one of Brooklyn’s most up-and-coming neighborhoods. The average rent here is high compared to other neighborhoods, but there are a lot of renting options to chose from, and we can help you find affordable rooms for rent in East Williamsburg!
|Rooms for rent in East Williamsburg||Average Rent|
|1 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In East Williamsburg||$1,929|
|2 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In East Williamsburg||$2,826|
|3 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In East Williamsburg||$3,372|
Is East Williamsburg safe?
East Williamsburg is one of the best and safest neighborhoods in Brooklyn. The crime rates here are below the national average. Here are some apps and numbers that will help you while you’re looking for rooms for rent in East Williamsburg.
- AreaVibes: AreaVibes is an app that allows you to quickly assess the livability of any given zip code. The service provides information about nearby amenities and their quality; crime statistics; housing costs; schools and education ratings; employment data; transportation options; and the weather.
- AroundMe: The AroundMe app was developed to allow users to easily find locations of nearby banks, hotels, restaurants, and gas stations. By simply typing in your current location or selecting one on the map found within the app’s interface, users are given a list of nearby businesses sorted according to category and distance from their current location.
- NeighborhoodScout: NeighborhoodScout is an app that allows you to search for any address in your area and find out how safe it is. It also gives you all the necessary details about the neighborhood you’re in. Make sure you use this tool before looking for rooms for rent in East Williamsburg.
- Hotline Numbers: Call 911 for serious emergencies like a fire, crime in progress, life-threatening situations, etc. For non-emergencies, like reporting graffiti or road damage, or simply making an inquiry about a service, you shoud call 311 instead.
Public Transit in East Williamsburg
East Williamsburg is a walker’s paradise, with a walkability score of 96. If you’re looking for rooms for rent in East Williamsburg, then you’ll be glad to know that you wouldn’t require a car to run your daily errands. East Williamsburg is the 41st most walkable neighborhood in New York!
Roads & Traffic
As in any neighborhood in New York City, you can expect to see some traffic on the roads in East Williamsburg. However, the roads in the neighborhood are really bikeable, so why not switch to cycling? If you are venturing further afield, though, you can always count on NYC taxis to get you where you need to go!
Nearby Train Stations
The nearest train station to East Williamsburg is Grand Street Station (LIRR). Other stations in the region are Morgan Avenue, Graham Avenue, and Montrose Avenue Station.
Nearby Bus Stops
East Williamsburg is situated on the B24, B43, M14A-SBS, Q54, and Q59 bus routes. You can catch buses on all these lines at Graham Avenue.
Restaurants in East Williamsburg
Looking for rooms for rent in East Williamsburg is hungry work, but luckily, there are lots of great local eateries in the area for you to try! From Italian to Korean, Dominican to Japanese, there are vegan and vegetarian food options available across this diverse neighborhood.
Related: Easy Healthy Meals On A Budget
Taste of Heaven
Taste of Heaven is a family-owned soul food restaurant in East Williamsburg. They serve delicious food at reasonable prices in a comfortable setting. Here, you can enjoy the best collards, baked mac n cheese, and fried fish!
Carthage Must Be Destroyed
Carthage Must Be Destroyed is an organic restaurant that serves the best brunch dishes. The place has a great ambiance and interior along with commendable service. You should definitely try their Special Plate. Their drinks are also a must-try!
Newtown is a small, cozy cafe in the neighborhood that serves delicious Mediterranean dishes to its customers. Their great service is just the cherry on top of their mouth-watering dishes. Their falafel, pita, and hummus are a must-try!
Parks in East Williamsburg
- Cooper Park: A park that has it all, Cooper Park is a great place for evening strolls and to gather with your friends for a picnic. The park is dog-friendly and perfect for skaters. It also has a playground, an eatery, and a basketball court!
- Sgt. William Dougherty Playground: This is a great playground for skateboarders. The park has a playground and a handball court as well. It’s the perfect place to run or walk and get some fresh air!
- Ericsson Playground: You can go to this park to play your favorite sports like basketball, handball, or even racquetball. The park has its own basketball court which is well maintained. It’s a great place to hoop on a weekend!
Grocery stores near East Williamsburg
Duals Natural is one of the best East Williamsburg grocery stores for healthy foods. You can find all your necessary herbs and spices here. The staff is extremely helpful, and you have a great selection of produce to choose from!
To the World Farm
You can find all your grocery list items at To the World Farm. With the freshest fruits and vegetables, this grocery store is undoubtedly one of the best in town. The store is extremely clean, has great service, and has a great range of stock. The prices are the best out of all East Williamsburg grocery stores.
Food Story Natural Market
Looking for East Williamsburg grocery stores where you can find fresh, organic produce? Food Story Natural Market is the answer to your prayers at any time of the day or night because it’s open all hours. It’s a bit on the pricier side, but for the quality of their fruit and veg, it’s worth it!
D’you know what else Roomi does outside of helping its readers find rooms for rent in East Williamsburg? With our ever-increasing lists of rooms and roommates across the world, we help you find your perfect match!