Looking for rooms for rent in Garden Grove, CA and want to get to know the neighborhood? Look no further. In this guide, we’ll cover the average rent in Garden Grove and help you find cheap rooms to suit your budget. We’ve also included a list of transit options, fun things to do, and some of the best restaurants in the neighborhood. Read on to learn more!
Getting to know Garden Grove
A suburb of LA, Garden Grove is in northern Orange County, California, southeast of Los Angeles. The city has a strong sense of community with roots extending far back in history.
West Grove Business District or West Garden Grove, was recognized as a district in 2018 and is the most affluent section of Garden Grove.
The east-west state highway, State Route 22, also known as Garden Grove Freeway, runs through south LA and north Orange County, passing directly through the city.
Here, summers are short, warm, dry, and clear, and the winters are long, cool, and somewhat cloudy. Summers are typically from July to September and winters from November to March.
Plus, if you love the ocean, Sunset and Huntington beaches are only half an hour’s drive away. If that doesn’t make rooms for rent in Garden Grove, CA sound appealing, we’re not sure what will!
Finding rooms for rent in Garden Grove, CA
Garden Grove is a lively, flourishing city with Spanish roots and a significant history dating back to 1800. It’s an up-market area with an average household income on the well-off spectrum. Most residents here are in sales and office management roles.
Cheap rooms in Garden Grove are not easy to find, and the few on the market don’t stay vacant for long. So, when looking for rooms for rent in Garden Grove, arrange viewings as soon as you are confident that a place fits your budget and needs.
Related: 5 Signs It’s Time To Move
Top neighborhoods in Garden Grove
The average rent in Garden Grove is not inexpensive; however, what the location offers is worth the price. It’s a suburban-feel city with all the amenities and facilities available in a large city. When looking for rooms for rent in Garden Grove, you will not be disappointed with the various housing options available. From luxury, furnished apartments and low ranch-style homes on large lots to short-term rental houses, condos and cheap rooms in Garden Grove, you’re bound to find something suitable.
Some of the top neighborhoods with apartments for rent in Garden Grove are:
- West Garden Grove: In this affluent section of the city you’ll find attached units, 5-or-more-unit structures, detached houses, and luxury mobile homes.
- Central Industrial District: Here, you’ll find townhouses, attached units, detached houses, and housing units in 5-or-more-unit structures.
- Koreatown Business District: When looking for cheap rooms in Garden Grove, you’ll find 3-to-4-unit structures, 5-or-more-unit structures, detached houses and townhouses here. Some of the best Asian restaurants in Garden Grove are also located here.
Other neighborhoods to consider:
- Uptown Garden Grove
- Downtown Garden Grove
- Regency Villa
- Crosspointe Village
- Del Amo
- Riverview West
- Cypress Village
- Santa Anita Park
- Bradford Place
Average rent in Garden Grove
As mentioned before, the average rent in Garden Grove is pricier than in other neighborhoods in California. Even so, it’s reasonably priced given its location and amenities, especially if you consider sharing with roommates.
|Rooms for rent||Average rent|
|1 Bedroom Apartment for Rent in Garden Grove||$1,300|
|2 Bedroom Apartment for Rent in Garden Grove||$2,200|
|3 Bedroom Apartment for Rent in Garden Grove||$3,300|
University life in Garden Grove
Even though the city has excellent higher-secondary educational institutions, there are no universities, colleges, or special education schools in the neighborhood itself. However, there are some great colleges and universities nearby.
While you consider the apartments for rent in Garden Grove, check out a list of universities and colleges within a 10mile radius of the city below.
- Concorde Career Colleges, Inc.
- Santa Ana College.
- Fullerton College.
- Coastline Community College.
- Chapman University.
- Golden West College.
How transit-friendly is Garden Grove
While Garden Grove’s public transportation options aren’t as frequent or readily available as in big cities like LA, local travel is convenient using buses and car-sharing. The area is highly walkable too.
Garden Grove is a pedestrian-friendly city with a walk score of 85, and most daily errands can be accomplished conveniently on foot.
Roads conditions are similar to other cities, so we’d recommend checking real-time traffic and road conditions before leaving for a drive. You can find up-to-date traffic information here.
Taxi services are readily available to and around Garden Grove. Depending on the area you’re covering, you may want to consider hiring one while looking for apartments for rent in Garden Grove.
- Anaheim Yellow Cab Garden Grove: Toll-free: 1-800-TAXI-USA | Local: 714.535.2211
- Star Yellow Cab Toll-free: 1-800-TAXI-USA | Local: 714.534.8866
- Garden Grove Yellow Cab: Toll-free: 1-800-TAXI-USA | Local: 714.530.0188
4. Public transportation
The nearest bus stops in Garden Grove, and bus lines that stop near Garden Grove are—
- Line 56 Grove, direction Garden Grove – Belgrave and Valley View.
- Line 37 LaHabra, direction Fountain Valley – Euclid and Talbert.
The closest airports nearby are—
- John Wayne Airport: 14 miles.
- Long Beach Airport: 17 miles.
- Los Angeles International Airport: 35 miles.
There are shuttle services available from and to the airport.
Cycling through the neighborhood is an option, and the area has some good bike infrastructure available. You could even explore rooms for rent in Garden Grove on your bicycle.
Restaurants in Garden Grove
The Wharf is one of the must-visit restaurants in Garden Grove. It’s a great place to stop and check out the food and city culture downtown while looking for rooms for rent in Garden Grove. The food is reasonably priced, and you can enjoy happy hours from Monday to Friday, 3 to 6 pm. Plus, they have live music on Saturdays and Sundays.
Another one of the great restaurants in Garden Grove is this Korean and Filipino BBQ eatery. A fantastic place to experience a delicious mix of cultures and food, this affordable place is ideal for considering the city and all the surveyed rooms for rent in Garden Grove.
Cultural Activities in Garden Grove
- Strawberry Festival is a historical, cultural event that started back in the 1800s. Held in aid of charity, this annual festival features a whole host of carnival rides and parades for both adults and children to enjoy. Moving into one of the sought-after rooms for rent in Garden Grove, CA? This is one event new residents need to attend!
- The Local Farmer’s Market is an excellent place to source locally grown produce, fresh ingredients and handmade jewelry. The Garden Grove Local Farmer’s market takes place every Sunday in the historic main street area from 10 am to 2 pm. It’s a lovely place to meet new people, stroll and explore while listening to the musicians that take part in this weekly event.
Do you know what else Roomi does outside of helping its readers find rooms for rent in Garden Grove? With our ever-increasing lists of rooms and roommates across the world, we help you find your perfect match!