Madrid is the capital and largest city of Spain. It is known for its nightlife, vibrant culture, and landmark attractions such as the Palacio Real, the Plaza Mayor, and Retiro Park. Madrid is a city that has it all. It has all the hustle and bustle of a big city, but also offers beautiful parks and architecture to admire. If you are looking to move to the capital city of Spain and are hunting for rooms for rent in Madrid, then read on to find more about city life, culture, and the average rent in Madrid!
Getting to Know Madrid
Madrid is situated on the Manzanares River, and the weather here is cooler than in other parts of Spain. As a quiet little breeze of Spanish culture, Madrid is an enchanting city to visit. With its unique Spanish charm, you won’t regret moving here. So without further ado, let’s look at finding rooms for rent in Madrid!
Finding rooms for rent in Madrid
Madrid is a vibrant city filled with an incredible mix of history, culture, and art. This global city is renowned for its art galleries, cultural riches, and culinary delights. It’s a huge city with several different neighborhoods to choose from while looking for rooms for rent in Madrid.
Finding cheap rooms for rent in Madrid can be a challenge, especially if you have little time to look and are on a tight budget. If you want to find somewhere affordable, safe, and welcoming, then you can count on us to find the perfect rooms for rent in Madrid for you!
Top Neighbourhoods in Madrid
- Malasaña: Madrid’s trendy neighborhood of Malasaña is the perfect place to experience a lively, eclectic mix of people from all walks of life. It’s also a cultural hub in the city, where contemporary art and food reign supreme. If you are looking for rooms for rent in Madrid and like the bustling city life, then this the perfect neighborhood for you!
- Chueca: Chueca is the gay district of Madrid, Spain. It’s just a couple of blocks long but filled with life and culture. This is where you can find many of the city’s gay bars, restaurants, shops, and monuments. The area has a lot to offer for both locals and tourists alike, and it’s always buzzing with activity.
- Chamberí : The neighborhood of Chamberí is one of Madrid’s most iconic, with its well-preserved architecture and quiet residential streets. Everything will be easily available here and there are a lot of entertainment options as well!
Average Rent in Madrid
|Rooms For Rent In Madrid||Average Rent|
|Studio Apartment For Rent In Madrid||€844|
|1 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Madrid||€1,093|
|2 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Madrid||€1,848|
|3 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Madrid||€2,166|
|4 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Madrid||€2,068|
|5 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Madrid||€2,300|
|6 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Madrid||€2,976|
|7 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Madrid||€3,388|
|8+ Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Madrid||€3,872+|
University Life in Madrid
With a lot of major universities in Madrid, there are lots of opportunities to learn and at the same time enjoy yourself! Students enjoy a great quality of education, and at the same time, have numerous entertainment options. There is always something for someone in Madrid. So, if you are looking for a memorable university experience, then looking for rooms for rent in Madrid would be a great decision.
Here are the top 5 universities to check out:
- Complutense University of Madrid
- Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
- Comillas Pontifical University
- IE Business School
How transit friendly is Madrid?
Trains are a convenient way to get from one place to another in Madrid. If you know your route, just hop on and let the Spanish high-speed rail system take care of the rest. There are 11 lines that run through Madrid with dozens of stops that will take you where you need to go. Use the train to get around while you’re out hunting for rooms for rent in Madrid.
Madrid is known as one of the most walkable cities in Europe. With everything available at a close distance, pedestrian-friendly streets, and an abundance of parks, it’s no surprise that Madrid ranks high in walkability.
All cycling lovers looking for cheap rooms for rent in Madrid will be happy to know that the city is a biker paradise! Madrid is one of the most bike-friendly cities in Spain. With over 350km worth of bike lanes throughout the city, it’s no wonder that cycling is a common way to get around.
The Madrid metro is a clean, efficient subway system that has won over the hearts of many. It was Spain’s first high-speed train line and is still one of the most efficient in Europe. Getting on the metro is the best and the most cost-efficient way to get around the city, and you can try it when you’re out looking for cheap rooms for rent in Madrid.
Cultural Activities in Madrid
If you want to experience a little of the culture while looking for rooms for rent in Madrid, you will not be disappointed. The capital of Spain has an array of museums, cultural centers, and other historical shrines that are sure to keep your mind interested while you’re in this beautiful city! Here are some of the great places to spend your time while you’re in the city:
- Prado Museum
- Palacio de Cristal
- Royal Palace of Madrid
- Museo Nacional Thyssen-Bornemisza
- Templo de Debod
Restaurants in Madrid
Madrid is definitely the city with the greatest variety of restaurants. The gastronomic offerings in Madrid include all types of cuisine, from traditional Spanish food to the most avant-garde international flavors, and many surprises for gourmets. Here are some restaurants to try between breaks while looking for rooms for rent in Madrid!
- Restaurante Sacha: Amidst the hustle and bustle of Madrid, Restaurante Sacha advertises itself as one of the best fine dining restaurants in the city. The restaurant serves mouth-watering delicacies – and the service is excellent.
- Saddle: The Restaurant Saddle is an inviting, rustic eatery located in the heart of Madrid. They offer diners an eclectic menu with a Spanish flair, plus all the luxurious European dishes as well.
- El Cisne Azul: El Cisne Azul is an iconic restaurant in Madrid and has been one of the most popular dining options in the city for many years now. This fantastic restaurant is famous for its original Spanish dishes served with wine recommendations from experienced servers.
Do you know what else Roomi does outside of helping its readers find rooms for rent in Madrid? With our ever-increasing lists of rooms and roommates across the world, we help you find your perfect match!