Previously a vacation and agricultural community, Palms (also, ‘The Palms’) is a densely populated, diverse neighborhood located in the Westside region of Los Angeles. One of the most notable features of this area is that it is very ethnically diverse, and you will find people from all walks of life coming together. If you’re searching for rooms for rent in Palms, Los Angeles, then you’ve come to the right place. This guide covers information on the things you should know, such as average rent in Palms, and more.
Where is Palms, Los Angeles?
Palms has a large number of palm trees that line its streets, hence the name. Culver City borders it (northwest) Cheviot Hills and Beverlywood (south), Rancho Park (southeast), Mid-City (west), and Mar Vista (northeast). It has been recognized as one of the best neighborhoods to live in Los Angeles, and we’re sure you’re gonna love it here!
Find Rooms For Rent in Palms, Los Angeles
Palms is a largely residential area that contains many apartment buildings, commercial zoning and even a single-family residential area in its northwest corner. Due to an apartment rezoning plan formulated to provide affordable housing, there are mostly larger apartments available in the Palms. A large percentage of the Palms’ population are renters; it is also one of Los Angeles’ most densely populated neighborhoods.
Average Rent in the Palms, Los Angeles
One of the positive effects of the Palms’ rezoning plan is how housing options have been made more affordable. The neighborhood is home to one of the largest concentrations of relatively low-cost rental units in Western Los Angeles.
|Rooms for rent in Palms, LA
|1 Bedroom Apartment for Rent in Palms, LA
|2 Bedroom Apartment for Rent in Palms, LA
|3 Bedroom Apartment for Rent in Palms, LA
Is Palms, Los Angeles safe?
Palms generally has a below-average violent and property crime rate compared to other Los Angeles neighborhoods. These websites are very useful for people who plan on renting apartments in LA:
- Nextdoor: This is a private social network that encourages interaction between you and your neighbors. You can ask safety questions, report suspicious activity, and even start a neighborhood watch group with this resource.
- AreaVibes: This website ranks the livability in neighborhoods according to its amenities, education, safety, crime, housing, and more. You can read about the current safety reviews on the site too.
- Citizen: Citizen is a personal safety network that allows you to access real-time 911 alerts and safety tracking for your friends and families. It’s a great tool you can use while looking for rooms for rent in Palms, Los Angeles.
Public Transit in Palms
Palms is the tenth most walkable neighborhood in Los Angeles with a Walk score of 89. This means that most daily errands can be accomplished on foot.
2. Roads and Traffic
Due to factors like scarcity of parking, Palms is a very bicycle-friendly neighborhood. One of the downsides of renting apartments in LA is the frequency of traffic. So, it is advisable to plan your trips ahead to determine which routes are best for you to avoid traffic.
3. Nearby Train Stations
The Metro E Line serves Palms. The closest stations to Palms include Culver City, Robertson/ Venice, Venice/National, and Robertson Transit Hub. You can check moovitapp.com for more details.
4. Nearby Bus Stops
Bus lines 33, 617, and 733 have routes that pass near Palms, Los Angeles.
Restaurants in Palms, California
This seafood nook is definitely one of the best restaurants in Palms, California. It offers a lobster-centric menu, filled with many food options like soups, tacos, wines and cocktails, coffee, salads and more. Don’t miss the mouth-watering meals served up here.
With great food, excellent service and a cozy atmosphere, Madre is undeniably one of the top restaurants in Palms, California. This Mexican restaurant sells tacos, Oaxacan fare with a nice beer and cocktail selection.
What a diverse neighborhood Palms is! The Doughroom is an Italian-inspired restaurant; a local pizzeria that serves craft beer, artisanal wine, and seasonal foods. Its interior is modern and perfect for students, families, and beer enthusiasts.
Parks in Palms
- Palms Recreation Center: Basketball courts, barbecue pits, picnic tables— you name it. This place has it all. It’s a great place for a chill day out, or a family outing. You can even take art and fitness classes here.
- Reynier Park: Enjoy the Palms scenery in this small neighborhood park. It provides shade, a grassy area for picnics and a playground for kids. You can come here to soak up the neighborhood on your search for rooms for rent in Palms, LA.
- Woodbine Park: This park is a nice place to unwind after a long day, and makes a great spot for an alfresco lunch break. Head here to play basketball, eat, or just hang out.
Museums in Palms
Diorama-museum of Bhagavad-gita
Known as the Bhagavad-gita Museum, this is a multimedia art museum that is solely dedicated to showing the Bhagavad-gita philosophy. There are eleven dioramas in this museum that harbor almost life-sized dolls. You will have an amazing experience here, and can purchase super unique souvenirs in the museum’s gift shop.
The Wende Museum
History enthusiasts will love this museum, as it holds a collection of art and artifacts from Eastern Europe’s Cold War era. Its exhibits are both illuminating and innovative, and it helps to connect the past with the present.
Los Angeles County Museum of Art
The largest art museum in Western United States, the Los Angeles County Museum of Art harbors a collection of over 150,000 works, with exhibits illustrating the history of art. The museum also features film and concert series.
Do you know what else Roomi does outside of helping its readers find rooms for rent in Palms, LA? With our ever-increasing lists of rooms and roommates across the world, we help you find your perfect match!