If you’re reading this, then chances are that you’re a soon-to-be college student who got accepted to Texas A&M University. So, first of all, congratulations, your hard work paid off! But now you have to take on the tricky task of moving to a new city and starting a new chapter. That’s a pretty big step and you’re going to need some help. Well, that’s what Roomi’s here for! Whether you want to find cheap rooms for rent in College Station, know what the average rent in College Station is, or simply find the best food joints for a night out, we’ve got you covered!
Getting to know College Station
You can probably guess by its name that College Station is a student hub. In fact, it got its name because of the Texas A&M University’s location along the railroad. This one’s a college town if there ever was one. But that doesn’t mean it’s not a great city to live in for non-students. With an affordable cost of living, great public schools, and an amazing vibe, this city is great for students and families alike! Yes, the typical humid Texan summers can be hard to get used to, but the winters are really pleasant and wonderful!
While the average rent in College Station is a bit higher than the national average, trust us, it’s totally worth every penny. And besides, Roomi will always be there to help you find cheap rooms for rent in College Station. The only thing you need to worry about is figuring out when you want to move! So, with that, let’s take a look at some of the top neighborhoods in the city.
Finding rooms for rent in College Station
Whether you’re a new college student or a family of four, the city has a place for everyone. The average rent in College Station might be a bit high, but finding cheap rooms for rent in College Station is generally not very difficult, making the city ideal for students. Let’s take a look at what some of the best neighborhoods around here have to offer!
Top neighborhoods in College Station
- William’s Creek: A quiet suburban neighborhood located just seven minutes from the center of College Station, William’s Creek is the best of both worlds. Surrounded by hills and greenery, this neighborhood is great for both family and friends!
The average rent in this part of College Station is a bit higher than the average, but it shouldn’t be too hard to find rooms for rent in College Station for students who want to live in William’s Creek.
- Reatta Meadows: Reatta Meadows is a relatively new neighborhood and is great for students! With convenience stores, restaurants, and hospitals located within minutes of this neighborhood, there isn’t a better place to live.
The average rent in Reatta Meadows is pretty affordable. This means if you want to find cheap rooms for rent in College Station, you definitely need to check out Reatta Meadows!
- Villages of Indian Lakes: If you dream of living near beautiful oak trees, babbling streams, and a (private) fishing lake, look no further; Village of Indian Lakes has it all! Yes, the average rent in this neighborhood is a bit higher than others, but come on! Where else will you find all this scenic beauty?! And who knows, if you use Roomi, you might find rooms for rent in College Station here for cheap!
Average rent in College Station
|Room For Rent In College Station||Average Rent|
|1 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In College Station||$511|
|2 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In College Station||$1,022|
|3 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In College Station||$1,533|
University life in College Station
If you’re moving to College Station as a student, you couldn’t have asked for a better city to live in! Just think about it: this entire city exists because of Texas A&M University. Because of that, everything is catered to the convenience of the students. With age-old traditions, thrilling athletics, and one of the most vibrant campuses in the country, your student life here will be everything you ever dreamed of… and more! What’s more, College Station is one of the best performing small cities in America. So if you want to stay back here after finishing college, you’d have a great future ahead of you!
Top universities in College Station
How transit-friendly is College Station
If you’re fond of walking and hiking, you’re going to love College Station! The city has many wonderful and scenic hiking trails located all around the city. Give it a shot on a cool weekend when you feel like being around nature. Just remember to bring loads of water!
There are many taxi services around College Station that are extremely convenient and easy to access. Yes, they’re one of the more expensive modes of transportation. But, hey, sometimes you just gotta hail a taxi and be on your way!
3. Public Transportation
The Texas A&M Bus System is going to be your life-saver when you’re here, trust us! It’s the easiest, not to mention the cheapest, way to get around the city. You can access the bus schedule to keep track of the timings. Whether you want to travel within the campus or go out, these buses will take you anywhere!
College Station has its very own regional airport called the Easterwood Airport. The airport operates daily flights to Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston, and seasonal service to Birmingham.
Biking is an extremely popular mode of transportation in College Station, especially amongst the students. Texas A&M University is very bike-friendly and has numerous bike racks around campus. So, if you’re going to be a student here, biking is a great and cheap way to get around!
Cultural activities in College Station
Being a college town, you can bet that College Station has an abundance of cultural activities to take part in. You can be absolutely sure of one thing: once you’re living here, you won’t have a dull moment. Of course, we can’t list every cultural event that takes place here, or the list would be never-ending. And part of the fun is discovering some of them for yourself. We do have some recommendations, though. Make sure to check them out at least once when you’re here!
- Texas Reds Steak & Grape Festival: I mean, do we really need to explain this more? The name should be enough… It’s steak and wine; what’s not to love? Just make sure you’re over 21!
- MSC Opera and Performing Arts Society: MSC performs musicals and plays on campus frequently. Catch at least one show because it’ll definitely be an experience to remember!
- Brazos Valley Fair & Rodeo: Well, you’re in Texas now, so you know a rodeo is going to make an appearance at some point. Go ahead and grab a cowboy hat and boots and head over to the rodeo, cowpoke!
Restaurants in College Station
If you’re in Texas, you can be pretty sure that you’re going to get to eat some darn good food. And College Station does not disappoint. Whether you want Tex-Mex, some good southern barbeque or just some delicious cajun cuisine, College Station has got it all. Here are some of our recommendations!
- Papa Perez: Head to Papa Perez for some of that amazing, world-famous Tex-Mex food that’ll have you coming back for more.
- The Remnant of Nawlins: When you’re craving some Cajun food, head to The Remnant of Nawlins. They never disappoint!
- 1775 Texas Pit BBQ: In the summer, a trip to 1775 Texas Pit BBQ is a must. Trust us, eating here will become your tradition in no time!
D’you know what else Roomi does outside of helping its readers find rooms for rent in College Station? With our ever-increasing lists of rooms and roommates across the world, we’ll help you find your perfect match!