Barcelona, the capital of Catalonia and the second-largest city in Spain, is a modern city full of history, culture, and opportunity. It has the charm of a small town with many cultural attractions. Also, it’s famously known as one of the best cities in Europe for food lovers! People from all over flock to find rooms for rent in Barcelona because of its high quality of life. Ever thought of moving to this beautiful city? Then use our guide to learn about the lifestyle, culture, and average rent in Barcelona!
Related: 15 Best Things To Do In Barcelona
Getting to Know Barcelona
Barcelona. The name rolls off the tongue and sparks dreams of warm sunshine and white, sandy beaches. It’s a city of gothic architecture and Mediterranean breezes. But it’s also known for its changing weather. Specifically, summers are hot and winters are mild with lots of sunshine throughout the year. Moreover, life in the city is an adventure that you can be part of by finding rooms for rent in Barcelona!
Finding rooms for rent in Barcelona
For a lot of people, the idea of finding cheap rooms for rent in Barcelona can be daunting. Especially if you’re moving alone. However, with determination and the right tools, you can find your ideal rooms for rent in Barcelona in no time!
If you crave the happening city life, then you can start looking for cheap rooms for rent in Barcelona. From coffee shops on every corner, beautiful architecture, and great food, to museums, a vibrant art scene, and a thriving nightlife, this city has everything you could ask for!
Top Neighbourhoods in Barcelona
- L’Eixample: L’Eixample is gaining worldwide popularity for its amazing architecture, unique shopping, dining districts, and buzzing nightlife scene. If you’re looking for rooms for rent in Barcelona in one of the most sought-after residential neighborhoods, then this is the one for you!
- Zona Alta: It’s harder to find cheap rooms for rent in Zona Alta as it’s one of Barcelona’s most exclusive neighborhoods. However, Zona Alta is home to beautiful parks, residential areas, soaks up plenty of sun, and has amazing wineries as well, which make it all worth it!
- El Poblenou: Poblenou is one of the most multicultural neighborhoods in Barcelona, which reflects on many aspects of daily life. Furthermore, you can find an interesting fusion of design, food, and art that gives this neighborhood its unique charm.
Average Rent in Barcelona
|Room For Rent In Barcelona||Average Rent|
|1 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Barcelona||$1,093|
|2 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Barcelona||$1,840|
|3 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Barcelona||$2,157|
University Life in Barcelona
In addition to being one of the most beautiful cities in Spain, Barcelona also has some of the best universities in the world! Looking for cheap rooms for rent in Barcelona would be a great idea if you’re looking for a vibrant college life. Additionally, you’ll receive a quality education at a lesser cost.
Top 5 universities to check out in Barcelona
- University of Barcelona
- EU Business School – Barcelona
- ESADE Business School
- UIC Barcelona International University of Catalonia
- Harbour Space University
How transit-friendly is Barcelona
The transportation system in the city is one of the most effective systems in all of Europe. You can always find a way to get around the city without having to drive yourself thanks to the metro, buses, and taxis!
It’s really easy to find a taxi in Barcelona because of the availability of Uber, Lyft, and numerous local taxi companies. You can use various apps to book a taxi with a tap of your finger.
The Barcelona Metro is the rapid transit system owned by FGC. It consists of 12 lines divided into two groupings, both operated by CBT, and are mostly underground. It’s one of the most effective and efficient ways of getting around the city for commuters as well as visitors!
Along with a great metro network, the city also has a commendable bus network and service. Also, bus travel, operated by TMB, offers a cheap and efficient mode of transportation throughout the city. While looking for cheap rooms for rent in Barcelona, you can travel by bus and have a fun experience!
Barcelona is ranked one of the most walkable cities in Europe and can be called a walker’s paradise. With several parks and available amenities within walking distance, it doesn’t come as a surprise the city ranks so well!
Cultural Activities in Barcelona
Barcelona is a city where you can enjoy the best of both worlds; it’s both modern and historical at the same time. Furthermore, it offers you a variety of cultural activities that will make your trip more memorable and fun. Be sure to check out some of these cultural activities when in Barcelona!
1. La Mercè
La Mercè is a magical celebration of Catalan culture and traditions. It’s a massive display of fireworks launched from the castle that reaches high into the sky. If you’re looking for rooms for rent in Barcelona then this will be the event you go back to every year!
2. Festival Grec de Barcelona
The Festival Grec de Barcelona is an open-air cultural event that takes place each year in August. Also, it’s free to enter. With dance classes, traditional meals prepared by authentic Greek chefs, concerts, and plays staged by historical actors – you name it and Festival Grec offers it all!
3. Primavera Sound Festival
Primavera Sound Festival is one of the most popular music festivals in the world. The festival takes place each year, spanning multiple stages and hosting over 120 artists. Primavera has grown into a world-renowned spectacle that brings together an eclectic mix of top performers from around the globe!
Restaurants in Barcelona
Barcelona is a city full of great places to eat, drink and socialize. From cheap and cheerful tapas bars to some of Europe’s best restaurants for fine dining, it can be hard to know where to begin!
- Maitea Taberna– Maitea Taberna is a restaurant that specializes in Basque cuisine and serves great Tapas. In addition to serving traditional Spanish dishes, they also offer several lighter options such as salads dressed with refreshing vinaigrettes.
- Disfrutar– Disfrutar is a great fine dining restaurant that serves mouth-watering Mediterranean dishes. The atmosphere of the restaurant is also quite appealing and is an eatery that you MUST try when you’re looking for rooms for rent in Barcelona!
- BierCaB– BierCaB is a beer-centered restaurant in the city that serves small-batch craft beers. It’s a special place where you can get a taste of beer culture from around the world, with 60 rotating taps that change daily.
D’you know what else Roomi does outside of helping its readers find rooms for rent in Barcelona? With our ever-increasing lists of rooms and roommates across the world, we’ll help you find your perfect match!